Question

Unable to Browse Spotify in Sonos Phone App

• 2 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently updated my Play:1 to Sonos OS: S2 Version 12.0.3 both on my laptop and iPhone. Since then I am unable to access Spotify via the Browse tab on my phone Sonos app. I am able to use my Spotify service via the Search tab to find songs etc. and play them on my Play:1 but am unable to directly access in my phone app my curated Spotify self-created playlists, suggested playlists, etc. since I cannot access Spotify via the Browse tab. I have logged out of my Sonos account, relogged back in, removed my Spotify account, re-added it, re-authorized etc — all to no avail. Whenever I press on the Spotify tab in the Browse tab a “circling” waiting graphic pops up and the app becomes unresponsive if I try to press the back arrow or access the other tabs like Search while the “circling” waiting graphic is spinning. Eventually, after a few minutes the app screen changes from the waiting icon to a screen that states for me to re-authorize Spotify but pressing on the “re-authorize” shortcut button on the screen doesn’t work as the app is unresponsive. I am able to use the Spotify service on my laptop Sonos app without any issues or limitations whatsoever. I’d appreciate any suggestions anybody has. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @meehaflalib.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since you’ve done some troubleshooting steps to access Spotify directly on your phone and still no good.

Can you try to install the Sonos application on a different phone and try to access the Sonos app with Spotify?

If that works then there might be a bug in the Sonos application in your iPhone, uninstall and reinstall the Sonos application would be your option.

Now let say that doesn't work on a different phone try to submit a diagnostic report for us to check other options.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.