As a long term Sonos user (play 1, play 3, 2 play5, sub, connect and amp) when a friend bought a Bose Soundtouch II (with a $200 discount), I wonderered if the Bose would be so good that I wanted one.
The reviews seemed to pitch Sonos and Bose fairly equally.
However, after an hour of the Bose, I was left feeling Sonos is far superior:
- spotify on Bose has to be played through the spotify app on phone. No music services are integrated. Didn't try Deezer, the only other option here in Canada
- queue on Bose is only done on one device's account - another user has to queue on their device, thereby disconnecting the first user and their queue.
-sound - bass was ok but it just didn't sound as full and rounded as the sonos.
- no options to adjust treble, bass etc on Bose
- bose app very limited
- preprogrammed buttons nice but not sure how often would use
- oled white now playing display is good.
Overall a disappointing experience and made be realise how good the Sonos system and app really is.
Am surprised how the reviews come out so evenly but Sonos is still a long way ahead.
Even more happy with my Sonos now, knowing it still is the best!!