Sonos Special, Limited Events & Contests

• 20 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Now that Sonos has it’s own stations and is such a tremendous part of the modern music experience, I think that it would be really cool for Sonos to have contests, events, etc. for Sonos customers. Meet and greets, tours, special concert events, special limited mdse, etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

How would they pay for all that? Increase the cost of all speakers? Start charging a monthly subscription? Where are the meet and greets, US, UK, Australia, NZ, Denmark, Sweden, France, Deutschland? These are all markets in which they have good penetration, but you could go further, Italy, India, Vietnam, Thailand, Spain, Ireland, China?

It’s a neat idea, I just think there is a lot of costs involved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We are talking about a publically traded company with a market cap of $1.6 billion. I am talking about half dozen special events at maybe $5-10k each. It’s just marketing expense. Shouldn’t be a big deal. 

You may not be aware, but Sonos just cut a large number of employees, ostensibly due to COVID-19 issues. I can’t imagine that it’s ‘just’ a marketing expense. 

As far as special merchandise, you can get Sonos clothing on this site.  In the past, they have had special edition speakers in limited quantities. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You may not be aware, but Sonos just cut a large number of employees, ostensibly due to COVID-19 issues. I can’t imagine that it’s ‘just’ a marketing expense. 

Totally agree, the layoffs are not a good sign for the company.

Also how they.gonna do meet and greets with Covid. We all gonna hop on zoom lol?