Question

Sonos ad oops

• 2 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hey Sonos! If you need someone to proof your ads before running them, I'd be happy to swap my time for products! Lol. Unless you really want people to think they will have "endless setup" when they purchase Sonos gear!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Audiophile64, welcome to the community.

The idea of this ad is that before having Sonos it's an endless setup to effortless music with Sonos

You'll pass along your feedback and clarify with our team. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Badge
To me, "From effortless setup to endless music with Sonos" makes a lot more sense. But maybe that's just me! I get what the ad writer was going for, now that you explain it, but I didn't when I first saw the ad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I had the same thought as you on first sight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I can see that point of view, Max... but with nothing indicating other systems are being mentioned in that statement, I think I agree more with Nick and Audiophile64... If it were an "animated" ad that showed a bunch of other speakers saying "From endless setup" then switched to showing a Sonos speaker and said "to effortless music", that would be more clear.
I thought the same thing when I first saw it, lol.

In light of the HomePod, which sets itself up by holding an iPhone next to it, and tunes itself to the room, this ad has lost even its intended meaning.