Santa Barbara threatened by fires

• 11 December 2017
  • 11 replies

Hope you are safe, Sonos employees!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42303203
Amen! Or +1, or whatever is the appropriate expression. Hope you all, and your families stay safe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, thanks for asking!

Company-wide, everyone is ok and accounted for at the moment. A lot of our band out of southern California have left their homes for at least some of the fire. I'm writing this from about a hundred miles up north from home since the air in Santa Barbara reached the hazardous levels where you need to use a particle mask to breathe outside, and it's highly encouraged inside too.

We're all watching the weather and fire reports as the winds are already starting to pick up today. We hope it stary favorable and doesn't blow the fires into town, but it's already licking at Monticeto.

Several of our community team is usually going into the Santa Barbara office, so we're a bit scattered at the moment. All are well right now, and it's our number one goal to make sure everyone stays safe.

Thanks again for asking, and please send some good vibes our way. 🙂
please send some good vibes our way. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks! The very best of vibrations :)

The latest news is that the fire is 252,500 acres and is now the fourth-largest since the state began keeping formal records in 1932: http://beta.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-thomas-fire-grows-20171215-story.html
It's not a competition, Ryan. At least, not one you want to win 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It's not a competition, Ryan. At least, not one you want to win :)
Sounds like someone's jealous.

But really, thanks for asking guys. It's a rough time right now and we have to try and find a little humor just to not be terrified. We love our firefighters and are all sincerely hoping for the best here.
Was evacuated in the San Diego fires of 2007, although not the 2003 fires, so I feel your pain. Was fortunate not to lose my home. Hang tough, in the end, as long as everyone is safe, it will all pass.

But maybe stop sending your smoke up to the bay area, mmmkay? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
But maybe stop sending your smoke up to the bay area, mmmkay? :)
I heard it has made its way up to Canada at this point.
Proud of yourself, aren't you.

;p