Please Please PLEASE integrate within Apple Music / AirPlay 2

• 7 June 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
As recent posts have been touching upon, in regards to Apple's WWDC this year, I am worried about being left behind. With the current marketing and branding techniques, Sonos feels like a user friendly and harmonious ecosystem such as Apple. There is even a specific page on the Sonos website dedicated to the Apple Music service. Myself, being an AVID Apple user since the beginning, was hoping these were signs that Sonos and Apple would become harmonious. I chose Sonos over Bose because I believe in their approach to audio consumption for my household. But Sonos needs to recognize that without the BIGGEST pioneer of music distribution, they will fail. They will lose their customer base.

For God's sake.. Please tell me there will be some good news in the wake of the massive diss Apple made towards Sonos on that stage this past Monday. Please tell me I didn't spend thousands of dollars and my pride on a speaker company that will try to compete with a company that a majority of their consumer base already stands behind. Please tell me there will be a stronger integration with the ONLY music service I will ever use. Plus I need to squash an argument I am having with my best friend who chose Bose. 😉

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I love my Sonos speakers but I totally agree. To me, Apple Music integration is already pretty poor on Sonos. If Sonos and my connected life with Apple continue to compete, Sonos is going to lose.
As recent posts have been touching upon, in regards to Apple's WWDC this year, I am worried about being left behind. With the current marketing and branding techniques, Sonos feels like a user friendly and harmonious ecosystem such as Apple. There is even a specific page on the Sonos website dedicated to the Apple Music service. Myself, being an AVID Apple user since the beginning, was hoping these were signs that Sonos and Apple would become harmonious. I chose Sonos over Bose because I believe in their approach to audio consumption for my household. But Sonos needs to recognize that without the BIGGEST pioneer of music distribution, they will fail. They will lose their customer base.

For God's sake.. Please tell me there will be some good news in the wake of the massive diss Apple made towards Sonos on that stage this past Monday. Please tell me I didn't spend thousands of dollars and my pride on a speaker company that will try to compete with a company that a majority of their consumer base already stands behind. Please tell me there will be a stronger integration with the ONLY music service I will ever use. Plus I need to squash an argument I am having with my best friend who chose Bose. ;)

YES!!

I love Sonos, but I am much more intergrated into Apple. I don't want to stop using Sonos, but they have to find a way to make this work.
Yes please add support for airport 2 I have sonos in every room in my house with connected amps for all the rooms I don't want to have to buy a home pod for every room too
Having graduated to Sonos after experiencing significant music drops using Airplay when in multi room mode, it might be a good idea to first see if Apple has improved enough on this count - that to my mind is more important then being able to use Apple music via the native app. Interruptions in the music outweighs any other advantage so conferred.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I am hearing some competitive concerns here. Concerns for the long term viability of Sonos if it does not play nice with Apple. Ok I get that aspect. But for those of us who are already deeply into Sonos - exactly what are we missing out here by not having a HomePod??? Particularly with integration with Alexa and other voice assistants coming. I love Apple and want to hear this new speaker but honestly they are not bringing anything earth shatttering to this party.
I am hearing some competitive concerns here. Concerns for the long term viability of Sonos if it does not play nice with Apple. Ok I get that aspect. But for those of us who are already deeply into Sonos - exactly what are we missing out here by not having a HomePod???Absolutely nothing, especially as it won't launch for six months and none of its advocates on this forum has actually heard it.
Particularly with integration with Alexa and other voice assistants coming. I love Apple and want to hear this new speaker but honestly they are not bringing anything earth shatttering to this party.Indeed. +1 from me.
Userlevel 1
I am hearing some competitive concerns here. Concerns for the long term viability of Sonos if it does not play nice with Apple. Ok I get that aspect. But for those of us who are already deeply into Sonos - exactly what are we missing out here by not having a HomePod??? Particularly with integration with Alexa and other voice assistants coming. I love Apple and want to hear this new speaker but honestly they are not bringing anything earth shatttering to this party.

I agree with that. The HomePod is definitely not a contender at the moment and also not solely looking to the music market. I just hope you're able to control through the Apple Music app in anyway that makes sense. I use Apple Music for the curation abilities. Liking songs and artists adding music to my library and building my listening profile. It would be nice not to have to use two different applications for my home listening experience. i.e listening to a song I haven't heard in my Apple Music account IN the Sonos app then having to then switch to the Apple Music to like that song and add to my library (first world problem, I know) But I am investing enough money to be hopeful.

Thank you for the input!
Liking songs and artists adding music to my library and building my listening profile.
I agree that this is a missing useful feature in the existing Apple Music integration. But I am not sure how long it will now take to get this, with the Apple intent to make a direct entry into this market and Sonos seemingly in the Alexa camp.
Badge
Very good feature!!!!