New Sonos Blog

Userlevel 2
Hello everyone...

My name is Alan Graham and I'm a writer/Sonos enthusiast. I've started a blog over at http://worldofsonos.com so that I could get a Sonos user community going.

I hope to see the site develop into a place where not only I, but many of you can share everything Sonos...from great ideas, problems solved, and even profiles of other solutions.

So bookmark the site.

Big news coming tomorrow...btw.

Alan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Why are you posting on a 12 year old Post? And not sure just what has got your Goat Lozboz, why the constant negative comments against Sonos?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello everyone...

My name is Alan Graham and I'm a writer/Sonos enthusiast. I've started a blog over at http://worldofsonos.com so that I could get a Sonos user community going.

I hope to see the site develop into a place where not only I, but many of you can share everything Sonos...from great ideas, problems solved, and even profiles of other solutions.

So bookmark the site.

Big news coming tomorrow...btw.

Alan

Sorry, but Sonos will ignore anything posted by users/enthusiasts on your blog.

Mind you... that's no different to this 'official' community either !!!

Sonos doesn't do feedback unless it affects sales.

The first few reviews of the Sonos One are emerging. Very complimentary about the hardware but have all picked up on the unreliability of the software on several counts and the limited services that can be controlled by voice. I'd be worried if I was Sonos as this will not go away and needs fixing quickly.
Userlevel 1
Come on Sonos what were you thinking.? The new Sonos1 won’t pair with excisting play ones and I’d have to buy a new speaker stand because of different screw attachments. Also after months of waiting no Deezer. Not good enough Sonos.
What's new, I've been blogging about Sonos for a looooong time. It even has it's own category :O)

Google #1

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=sonos+blog&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
Personally, i'm pleased and honored to someone who enjoys Sonos enough to to create a blog about it.

Just as there is room for engadget and gizmodo, or Treonauts and Treocentral, there is plenty of room for the Sonos forums and a blog site.

Thanks for setting up http://www.worldofsonos.com agraham999. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

best,
-graham
Userlevel 2
Alan,

Good luck with the Blog - I agree with Geo, choices are always good - even if we have a great community here.

At the top of your blog, you have the quote "If Apple and Bang & Olufsen had a torrid affair...the Sonos Digital Music System would be their love child." - here in Boston, one of the official Sonos dealers (from whom I have purchased my 6 ZPs) - is the Bang & Olufsen store.

They clearly recognize an excellent product when they see one.

BTW, their BeoLab 3 speakers work great with my Sonos system.

Alastair
Userlevel 2
Forums are great...but blogs have some advantages. One is that often with the scope and size of forums, it is easy to miss important items. I love forums, but I get most of my news, articles, tutorials, etc. from blog-type sites. There are benefits to edited content. So while this is a community...and I'm looking to build another...they are different types of sites.

Soon (hopefully today) I'll get the comments section up and running on the site. Also, I'd like to profile some users and their systems.

So I hope you'll bookmark it...RSS it...and keep coming back.
I'll be staying here as well... but don't be discouraged Alan... I'll visit your blog as well.

It is always good to have choices. This place is awesome but that doesn't mean there can't be other places to go.

Good luck... I hope your sight does well.
Userlevel 2
Alan,

I have to agree with UncleRobin on this one.

As it stands, your blog is not a place for the "Sonos community" because it has no way for the members of that community to interact with it at all. No forum, no comments on blog entries, nothing but a few very basic blog entries from you... or am I missing something.

I wish you luck with your venture, but I'll stick to the very active Sonos community here on the forums for now.
Gee, I thought we had a nice Sonos user community here.

UR