New hardware coming? August 27 & 28 Press events

Interesting tease here:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/08/sonos-fall-event-IFA-2019/

Seems odd that no FCC popups have occurred yet, but I'm not one to be looking for those kinds of things, I count on others in our community for that 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

220 replies

3D model of Move next to Play:1

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/sonos-move-speaker-6d2250687d7d4d5391f926a024a66bcb
Hopefully that smooth bit at the bottom houses a huge battery! I'd love to see it offer 15+ hours (Bose is 12)

If you zoom in on the lower bottom you can see this, looks to me to be a contact for the charging stand?

Yea, I've seen that in all the leaked marketing images. I'm not aware of what that could be besides a charging contact.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Lots of retailers discounting the Play:1 today (UK), getting rid of stock ready for the voiceless Sonos One maybe 🕵️
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Lots of retailers discounting the Play:1 today (UK), getting rid of stock ready for the voiceless Sonos One maybe 🕵️
I'd be looking more for discounted Sonos Ones as an indicator of the pricepoint for the new speaker - discounted 1's are pretty common in fairness.

Lots of retailers discounting the Play:1 today (UK), getting rid of stock ready for the voiceless Sonos One maybe 🕵️I'd be looking more for discounted Sonos Ones as an indicator of the pricepoint for the new speaker - discounted 1's are pretty common in fairness.

I think @dave77 was referring to the rumored SL product, which is basically a Sonos One without any voice control. It makes sense that retailers would be dumping the play:1s, assuming the SL is real and going to be priced at $150.

Agreed though that a discounted Sonos One would be a possible indicator that a Sonos Move will be priced in the low 200s. If the Move is 250 or more though, I don't see any need to change price on the One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Yes, agreed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No the 30thb and still no news!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Lots of retailers discounting the Play:1 today (UK), getting rid of stock ready for the voiceless Sonos One maybe 🕵️I'd be looking more for discounted Sonos Ones as an indicator of the pricepoint for the new speaker - discounted 1's are pretty common in fairness.

Yeah, over here they fluctuate, I got 2 Ones for £328 recently from an authorized seller, now back to £378.

I meant the rumoured SL though for the discounting of the play 1's
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So the smart money is that the release will be at the IFA show in Berlin from the 6th to the 11 Sept. Hopefully more info at the end of this week!
Tenterhooks are killing me. Damn tenters!
Tenterhooks are killing me. Damn tenters!

I'm feeling a bit patient about it. At least on the Move, I think we know most everything already, and after the official announcement, it's likely to be another month or so before it can be ordered. The other rumored products, that we know less about, probably won't interest me as much, unless I'm way off on funcitionality.

I was much more eager for the Beam as I knew very little about it.
It's actually the potential for software changes that has me on edge. If there are any.

I noted that B&O came out with an announcement yesterday on a new soundbar, as a pre-IFA thing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I noted that B&O came out with an announcement yesterday on a new soundbar, as a pre-IFA thing.

Been seeing that float around.

Chromecast and Airplay 2 support, "Dolby Atmos", and apparently it's 550W

All for the price of $1,750

But damn if it doesn't look slick.
It is pretty. The article that I read claimed it was wireless....but I'm curious as to how it actually does Dolby Atmos. How many other speakers do I need to purchase, and at what cost? 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Dolby Atmos. How many other speakers do I need to purchase, and at what cost? :)

Exactly!

I'm curious how that all works out or if it's "contained" within the soundbar. If so, we know it's not true atmos.

Do you need to get additional Beosound devices and bond them to the bar?
Going to assume it will only work with the Beosound/Multi room devices.

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers

Cheapest one going for $300.
You did more research than I did 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I am hoping we will hear before the 6th. The Sonos offsite event takes place on the 4th & 5th in advance of the public show.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
And Sonos as usual do not have a stand. So to keep Bruce on his tenters - 4th announce the Move which we know the most about and everything else on the 5th
I don't think the B&O soundbar can be bonded with any other speaker to form a more traditional HT setup. Seems like it's Atmos in the sense that it can read the codec and do some magic to make it sound better?
That was what I was guessing at, but at the time I read it, I was too tired/lazy to go look it up. I'm not going to buy one, so it's just not that important to me, except as a nudge to Sonos to actually do it right at some point.

I don't consider Sonos to be a leader in tech. I consider them to do it for the masses, and do it well. Which satisfies my itch. I'm always interested in more, just not convinced it's in my pocketbook, or patience to deal with. For now, Sonos has my business, and gratitude for what they've done.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yeah, over here they fluctuate, I got 2 Ones for £328 recently from an authorized seller, now back to £378.

I meant the rumoured SL though for the discounting of the play 1's

There are also discounts on the Ones (Gen 2) in the UK - one retailer has £30 off as well as free Hue mini set. They do fluctuate, but this is quite a substantial discount. I'm hoping that the lack of discounts on the Connect does not mean that there is no new Connect, as that's what I hoping/waiting for.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Sonos One SL no longer just a rumour

https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-ONESLUS1BLK-One-SL-Black/dp/B07W8ZVXWR/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sonos+one+sl&qid=1567630962&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Badge
Sonos One SL no longer just a rumour

https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-ONESLUS1BLK-One-SL-Black/dp/B07W8ZVXWR/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sonos+one+sl&qid=1567630962&s=gateway&sr=8-3

The description says “The speaker for stereo pairing and home theater surrounds.”...They should have done this from the start!
Page not found?
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Been pulled. Oops Amazon.....