Multi room Audio - "Emerging Trend"

• 10 December 2014
  • 4 replies

Got a chuckle from this interview. What Sonos has been doing for the past 10 years is An "emerging trend"? Is this guy really that clueless?

http://www.aptx.com/blog/5-minutes-nyrius

What do you think are going to be the next big trends in audio over the next year?

Great question. There seems to be an emerging trend of multi-speaker audio that can be assigned zones within the home. It’s still early, but we’re excited to see what direction this goes in over the next few months.

4 replies

Much before the internet I was taught - paper does not refuse ink - as a caution to understand that a lot of rubbish gets printed and not to rely on the printed word. The net has magnified this multifold.
To be fair though, what Sonos was doing was a mystery to me till a few years ago. I had noticed the write ups with two little boxes pictured, along with the CR unit, but had no idea how to put them to use at my home. I suspect that understanding Sonos became a lot easier for most people when the play units were launched a few years ago.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
Got a chuckle from this interview. What Sonos has been doing for the past 10 years is An "emerging trend"? Is this guy really that clueless?

http://www.aptx.com/blog/5-minutes-nyrius
Just because Sonos has been doing it for years is irrelevant. It IS an emerging trend. :rolleyes:
If you feel that the amount of systems recently released and to be released is not a trend that's emerging and growing, just because Sonos have done it for years, then that's strange,
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
In fact, Nyrius is kind of a competitor to Sonos, selling Bluetooth and WiFi audio and video equipment. Of course they will not recognize that a competitor has been doing "multi room audio" for a decade now.
That's not an interview, or even an article. That's a PR piece for their gear. Would be awesome if there were a comments section. 😃

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings