Question

Laptop connect using hdmi and Aux cable

• 11 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hello,

I have a setup with a playbar connected to the tv. I want to connect my laptop to the tv to stream movies using an hdmi cable. I tried but there is no sound from my playbar.

My problem is that i have replaced my bose with a sonos system, but now i cant get sound the playbar.

My set up:
1) tv - playbar connected
2) laptop to be connected using hdmi cable for video and aux for sound.

Issue: there is no sound streaming from my playbar.

Look forward to hearing from the experts about a workaround,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi DeepDey,

Sorry for the delay.
Do you get sound from the TV without the PLAYBAR connected? Also, is the laptop pushing the audio via the HDMI too?
Would you mind submitting a diagnostic and replying with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Good question from Max about the audio. Have you tried without the separate cable for audio? I would have expected the HDMI to carry both video and audio in this case.
Badge
Thank you very much for your replies. My setup on the laptop was incorrect. The hdmi wasnt carrying the audio. Its now in line and i am getting the sound from my playbar and sub. Thanks again