How to be a DJ

• 26 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Dear Sonos, your recent email suggesting "House Party, Family Dance Off, Weekend BBQ etc I find deeply irritating as the one thing Sonos is currently hopeless at and you have systematically mucked up over the last few "upgrades" is creating, then manipulating queues in a DJ like setting.

Do you guys at Sonos actually use this software in anger, I find it hard to believe you do?

Are you hell bent on integrating with voice control, streaming services etc. to the complete detriment of the original Sonos experience?

The software certainly looks pretty - it just has lost all semblance of functionality.

I was DJ at my home New Years Eve bash and I was hard pushed to stop myself throwing my Android Tablet out the window the interface was so rubbish.

Please listen to your users and get this sorted and until then leave off sending out emails stating what the system supposedly canndo when it patently can't.

If this appears to come across as a rant then I am sorry but it is born out of the frustration with your current controller from a long term Sonos user with a heavy investment in equipment. For the last year or so I no longer feel I can recommend Sonos to friends which is disappointing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Boom!
http://www.jebiga.com/sota-moonbeam-turntable/
Since this comes from the same e-mail...
Which turntable is this?