Question

Google Assistant

• 5 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Having recently received a Google Home Mini and begun playing spotify through it i naturally want to know what the options are to cast to my Sonos gear which i love.
In my mind, i love both products, Sonos for the extensiblility, sound quality and application, GA for the seamless Home voice control. If I could simply leverage Sonos through my GA I would be in paradise!
What can the owners of current Sonos equipment reasonably expect with regards to control/streaming from Google Home/Mini.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

At this time all you can do is with such Sonos units that have line in, by wiring a Chromecast Audio to the line in and voice command the Mini to play to Chromecast and thence to Sonos.

Anything more depends on when Sonos releases integration with Google and other than "soon", there is nothing better known on the timeline.
You can get a chromecast audio and plug it into your Sonos. Then Google Home can control and cast to your Sonos.
Try the Yonomi app for limited functionality. It is free so you have nothing to lose. I am using it until real support arrives.