Dynaudio Wireless Systems

• 22 March 2017
  • 1 reply

One name I know from my audiophile days, for excellent if power hungry and expensive speakers, is Dynaudio.

I just came across their wireless offering that looks to me to be the first Sonos like solution by a legacy firm, admittedly at much higher price points. Multiples higher, most likely.

Their streaming core unit happens to also be called Connect:)

See this for more:http://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/focus-xd#features

At first reading, it looks like a Sonos contender in full traditional HiFi attire, including wireless floor standing active speakers. It would be interesting to see a comparison of a 5 pair compared to their starting speaker offering, an active stand mounted model.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I found a little more about the price point - the cheapest pair of speakers is for USD 7000! While a 5 pair, even with a Sub, is about USD 1700. Even so, I think it would not be a silly comparison when it comes to sound quality.

And this from a review:
"Things looked dire. Days later, when I dared try again, the Connect failed to sync with the Focus 200 XDs. That's when Manousselis told me to turn everything off and then turn it back on. I did. Music finally played wirelessly, from laptop to speakers."

Sounds familiar!