Concert Hall-- Full Pieces

• 25 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I am enjoying the new Sonos radio, and having been listening to the Concert Hall station. it is reasonably well curated and I have heard some good an interesting recordings. However, it becomes almost unlistenable because the station usually plays only one movement from a piece of music. This is fine for background music, but makes it intolerable for serious music discovery. Very few companies take classical music streaming seriously, but Sonos is well positioned to be better. I hope that they up they make their service better for classical enthusiasts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

@serkinc Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. We value your feedback on the music content with Sonos Radio and the Concert Hall station. I will forward this along to the higher ups for review. It’s your feedback that helps us improve the user experience with Sonos.

Classic enthusiasts are vast and varied. There are lots of addresses and music apps but I think Sonos is awesome. I am using and feel satisfied.

Badge

Serkinc, have you listened to the Sonos’ “Full Symphony” station?

Badge

I’m wondering when Sonos will do Full Concerto. The Full Symphony is fine but one movement of a violin concerto does not quite do it.

I decided to pay for Radio HD solely because I wanted to hear full symphonies and concertos in lossless CD quality, and the "Full Symphony" stream promised that.

What happened?  The "Full Symphony" stream only plays single movements, not full symphonies.

How do we reach the Sonos person who curates the playlist.  No one at Sonos seems to know who I can speak to.

Badge

I cancelled my subscription. Their curating of classical is poor even if HD is good sound. Try IDAGIO site for excellent classical music. In my view it is the best around. Also, in Classical Archives you can build endless playlists from a vast archive.