Bose to close all North American, European retail stores

• 16 January 2020
  • 1 reply

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2020/01/15/bose-to-close-all-north-american-european-retail.html

I can’t remember the last time I went to a mall, where most of these were surely located.  High overhead, I wonder why they’ve kept them open so long?  I think Sonos only has two or three stores.  Bose had 119!

Same question for AT&T, Verizon, etc. I’m using Verizon’s Visible for wireless.  Ordered online, they shipped a chip, I popped it in the phone.  No retail store needed.  How long will their standalone stores last, now that wireless margins are drastically reduced?  Apple?  They still sucker people into paying for their huge margins, so I guess their stores will survive for a while.

1 reply

Apple stores double as repair shops and training facilities...and they are always packed.  I don’t see them going away for a long time.

For phones, I generally don’t have the patience to wait for a delivery.  I’d rater go to the store and walk out all set.  That said, the service in these stores isn’t that great, and you usually have to wait. They are rather helpful in transferring data from your old phone to new phone, talking you into getting overpriced cases and screen protectors...