Answered

Apple Music

• 5 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I’ve just bought the Sonos One. How do I get Alexa to play my playlists from Apple Music? I can physically select music to play off Apple Music but when asking Alexa she won’t play, something about Amazon Music is mentioned
icon

Best answer by jgatie 5 January 2019, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Apple Music for Alexa is brand new, and the integration with Sonos is not in place. Sonos has said they are working on it. Until then, you can use Spotify, Amazon Music, or Pandora, or you can initiate play on Apple Music using the Sonos app, then pause, play, skip, rewind, control volume and even ask what is playing via Alexa.

Moderator Note: Apple Music is now available to use with Alexa on Sonos. Read more here.
Badge
An update was pushed out recently which allows you to ask Alexa to play Apple Music songs, playlists, etc.

So frustrating. I bought Sonos 1 speakers from Best Buy last week and multiple sales people said voice activation on both Alexa and Google Assistant would play Apple Music. Plus setup menu in Sonos App suggests Apple Music is supported as a default. 

Badge

It isn’t working for you?