Amazon Echo

• 19 January 2017
  • 31 replies

Over One Year

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
They got a late start which the outgoing CEO admitted. Now they are playing catch-up. He had to re-align his workforce (lay-off and then hire). They also had to get through the busy holiday season where they released the Spotify connect update 7.0. But, Google changed the landscape and multiroom speakers with googlecast built in are showing up. It's a race for market share as the multiroom market blows up. There is no way Sonos doesn't feel that. I wonder if they have enough cash on-hand to keep pace?
Yes, the new CEO said no more funding rounds were required. Holiday season sales were up 20% YoY.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes, the new CEO said no more funding rounds were required. Holiday season sales were up 20% YoY.
I think the figure was that Sonos was in 20% more homes yoy after the holiday season. They are going after market share. That Play1 is a door-opener. A lot of folks, like me, also picked up an Alexa device. In fact the Dot was the most frequent Amazon gift and Alexa products were up 900% yoy. Yea, that is the train to hop on. If Sonos can get that Alexa update out soon, the millions of folks who purchased or got a Dot as a gift will quickly pick up the Play 1 to listen to music since the Dot speaker is really basic. And once you have one Sonos product in your house, it won't be long until you are hooked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Check
They got a late start which the outgoing CEO admitted. Now they are playing catch-up. He had to re-align his workforce (lay-off and then hire). They also had to get through the busy holiday season where they released the Spotify connect update 7.0. But, Google changed the landscape and multiroom speakers with googlecast built in are showing up. It's a race for market share as the multiroom market blows up. There is no way Sonos doesn't feel that. I wonder if they have enough cash on-hand to keep pace?

Their new CEO says they have to move faster but some here jump on a customer who says the same thing. Way to rationalize your Sonos purchase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
They are working on it, no other manufacturer has released an Amazon integrated product so they can't be accused of being behind yet. Not sure what you are getting at?