Answered

unable to connect arc to wifi after new router

• 29 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a simple system, only the arc. Recently, I got the TP-Link ax3000 router and now cannot connect the arc to the network. I'm able to connect to the speaker on my phone, select the 2.4ghz network with Sonos recommended b/g/n mixed signal, but no matter what I do the Sonos is unable to connect to the network, with an error message that seems bugged "there was a problem connecting your Sonos arc to """

Wondering what other steps I can take to reconnect the speaker

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 November 2022, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I had the same issue with the Sonos Beam Gen2.

The new router had the same Network ID and password as the old router. It still failed to connect after trying multiple attempts including using an Ethernet cable. I finally had to do a factory reset.

There are a couple of YouTube videos that can walk you through that process.

Good Luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dcmaia 

I have this exact issue. Is there no better guidance than "there's nothing you can do except contact support"?

There’s info on our Sonos system requirements help page, but as it’s fairly technical the simplest option is to get in touch with us directly - we don’t have step-by-step instructions for the configuration of every router on the market as that would be an impossible endeavour in and of itself, so an understanding is needed. Our technical support team have tools that will allow them to reconfigure your router for you, if needed, or, for example, to spot problems with your network topology. We don’t expect you to have to understand the complexities of networking just to be able to enjoy your favourite tunes. If you already do, however, the information needed is available.

I hope this helps.

Since it is most likely one of many, many of a variety network issues, likely no. And certainly not if there is a failure in the hardware of the Sonos. 

But the answer does include the line:

“It may be easier, however, to simply set your new router’s WiFi credentials to match those of your old router so that the Arc doesn’t need to learn a new password in the first place.”

Which is certainly one potential solution.  

I have this exact issue. Is there no better guidance than "there's nothing you can do except contact support"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @madmax141 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re still having a problem with this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to assist you with the router settings.

It may be easier, however, to simply set your new router’s WiFi credentials to match those of your old router so that the Arc doesn’t need to learn a new password in the first place.

I hope this helps.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US