three options and one choice

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello:

A couple of weeks ago I asked about the possibility of adding 2 one sl due to the configuration of my living room and during this time I have been reading several options and I would like to know what you have or what you recommend as best value.

I can only one thing and I am considering these 3 alternatives to improve a sonos beam 2 in a living room of about 3,5 x 2,5 mt

• 2 one SL to left (1,5m) and right (1m) of the sofa
  • 2 Symfonisk to left and right of the sofa
  • Sub mini  (2 mt in front of me)

what would be a good choice as a first system upgrade? 90% of its use would be for TV rather than music.

Thank you very much

Regards

6 replies

If you have no preference, then pick one randomly.  No wrong answer.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you have no preference, then pick one randomly.  No wrong answer.

In the end I found an offer of 100€ less for the sub mini and that was my choice.

My living room is not big and I feel very well the 3D surround so with the discount and the fact that I will improve the sound with the sub I have made my choice. 

I hope I was not wrong because it is not cheap.

Thanks for your help

Regards

For TV, you can only add rear surrounds.  You cannot add individual front speakers to a soundbar.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

For TV, you can only add rear surrounds.  You cannot add individual front speakers to a soundbar.  

Yes. I know that point. It was an only option,

or 2 rear surrounds ono sl

or 2 rear surrounds symfoniks (¿brand ?)

or sub mini

I know, the best 2 one SL and 1 mini sub, but it is not possible now.

Thank you for pointing that out

I don’t think any of these are bad choices.  If you are fan of bass, then getting the sub mini first makes sense.  If you don’t care about bass and watch a lot of content recorded in surround sound, then get surround speakers.  

As far as the symfonisk goes, the 3 options are not the same.  The bookshelves aren’t that great, but ok for surround duty.  I would not get them if you ever intend to use them for music playback.  The lamps are about the same as the One SL, so it comes down to aesthetics.  I have not heard the picture frame speakers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don’t think any of these are bad choices.  If you are fan of bass, then getting the sub mini first makes sense.  If you don’t care about bass and watch a lot of content recorded in surround sound, then get surround speakers.  

As far as the symfonisk goes, the 3 options are not the same.  The bookshelves aren’t that great, but ok for surround duty.  I would not get them if you ever intend to use them for music playback.  The lamps are about the same as the One SL, so it comes down to aesthetics.  I have not heard the picture frame speakers.

I don't know what I'm a "fan" of because it's my first system and that's why I was asking what will give me the best feeling.

I generally watch Netflix, Amazon, Disney and HBO.

So I understand how surround works for both one and symfonics. Maybe then the question is whether bass or surround?

Regards