Answered

Space between ARC and wall mounted TV..

• 16 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I have an LG GX65 OLED TV that will be mounted above a gas fireplace.  My goal is to sit the ARC on the mantle below the TV.  I see in the Sonos User Guide it says to keep 4” between ARC and the bottom of the TV.  Can someone educate me on the ramifications if you don’t keep 4” between them?  What if I only kept 2” or and 1”?  The reason I ask is with the 4” the TV is sitting up high on the wall and would just about abut on the crown molding at the top (see picture)

I believe the space is required due to the upward firing speakers and or Dolby Atmos. However, if the TV is flush mounted to the wall will this be an issue or distort any sound? 

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

icon

Best answer by JasonEtter 24 September 2020, 03:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bgilly.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

It does look like you have enough room to mount the Arc underneath the TV but above the mantle-place. Since you can always return the Arc if its not working out for you, I would definitely try it first and see how it sounds. In the end, your ears are going to be the judge on how this works out for you.

I would be sure to do the Trueplay tuning process, and then road test it for a week or so and see if it’s performing as you’d like. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Paul,

You didn’t answer the question about why the spacing of 4” minimum from the TV.

Most people, especially with an arm style mount would use a speaker bar mount to hold the bar.  That mount connects to the TV mount and with space, you see the wires and the arms of the mount.  Nobody wants to see that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JasonEtter.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I apologize for the question not being answered. The minimum 4” spacing from the TV for the Sonos Arc is to give room for the upward firing speakers for situations where the Sonos Arc would be placed exactly right below the TV using wall mounts or placing the Sonos Arc under the TV placed on a table top situation.

I hope this clears things up.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JasonEtter.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response.

I’m glad that everything is falling into place and working out based on your expectation. I hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Thank you.  With the bar mounted right below but to the wall, the sound can fire up still as the TV mount allows the TV to be pulled even further forward.  I was more concerned that there was another reason that would interfere.  In the case of an arm, it would end up sticking forward so only minor sound being blocked.  Smaller/more intimate room anyway.