Answered

Soundbar connect to Monitor

• 21 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Team,

I can see a potential problem that I may have soon. Recently, I’ve purchased a monitor with the following specs: 

Audio

Speakers No
Audio Out 1

Interfaces/Ports

HDMI 1.4 2
HDMI 2.0 1

With the Beam I have now, I cant seem to think how to connect the monitor and sound bar and be able to play my console (PS4).

As my monitor does not have a speaker, I can only think that if i connect the console to the monitor, where it’ll generate the screen, I am not able to get the sound in the end. 

What are my options? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 September 2020, 07:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Doesn’t the PS4 have optical output? Wire that to the Beam via the adapter. Stereo should work, but other codecs might be harder esp for Blu-rays.

You’d need a device that can separate the audio from the video, and send the audio out on an optical output, which you would the connect to the optical adapter that came with your Beam. You can find many such devices if you search Amazon using the terms ‘HDMI switch optical’. You’ll need to be sure that the PS4 sends only a Dolby Digital signal, as that’s the only one other than Stereo that the Sonos can interpret.