Question

Sonos One SL's won't connect as surrounds..

• 3 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I had to disconnect my surrounds after the left one stopped working. I am trying to reconnect them and I got both of them to start flashing green. The app senses both of them when attempting to set them up individually, but I get an error every time I try to set them up as surrounds.

Not sure what to do here and this is quite annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Bheam05.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand it can be quite frustrating when a simple procedure does not work let us help you with that.

I do agree with @Airgetlam’s recommendation. Once both devices have been factory resetAdd them first on the Sonos app as a new room one at a time until the setup is complete prior to adding the second device you’re going to use as surrounds. Open the Sonos app, Go to settings » systems » add product. When prompted to add another device during the set up of the first Sonos device, select not now and proceed until the setup is complete. Once both of the Sonos devices are added individually and are both showing on the Sonos App, then we can proceed on adding them as surrounds

I hope we were able to help.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Since they’re to be used as surrounds,  factory reset both of them, then add them back one at a time before switching them from the ‘new’ room to be surrounds.

I’d be tempted to reboot the router before doing this, though.