Question

Sonos One SL's not working with Arc while watching TV

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I have a setup of Sonos Arc + 2x Sonos One SL’s. Problem is that I can play music as a surround sound perfectly, but with the TV I can’t get any the sound form the One’s. Arc is connected to TV with Hdmi ARC connection and the TV (Philips 65PUS7803 65" Smart Android 4K) does support Dolby Digital Plus and I have the Dolby Digital Plus setting active. 

Somehow I get the sound only from the Arc while watching TV but surround sound with arc + One’s while listening music from Spotify via Sonos app. 

Any suggestions how to fix this to get the surround sound while watching TV?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jaakko, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern about the Sonos One SL's not working with the Sonos Arc while watching TV. It would depend on the content that you're watching on the TV. If it has surrounds audio. I'll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. Also, to check the current setup and status of your Sonos system. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B,

Thank you for a fast reply. I tested the TV with Dolby Atmos test content to try it out with no sound from One’s. Tho, I found a one fast fix solution while setting the One’s into a different room and then grouping them with Arc instead of having them paired with the Arc as a theater solution.

With this quick fix, I obviously won’t get a proper surround and TruePlay optimized but can have them on use with sound.

I submitted a diagnostic report on this as you advised (925434585), hopefully we can get those in use as a paired theater solution. In case any solutions arise please let me know! :)

Hi @Simon B,

Thank you for a fast reply. I tested the TV with Dolby Atmos test content to try it out with no sound from One’s. Tho, I found a one fast fix solution while setting the One’s into a different room and then grouping them with Arc instead of having them paired with the Arc as a theater solution.

With this quick fix, I obviously won’t get a proper surround and TruePlay optimized but can have them on use with sound.

I submitted a diagnostic report on this as you advised (925434585), hopefully we can get those in use as a paired theater solution. In case any solutions arise please let me know! :)

Surrounds are discrete directional channels used for effects.  They will not repeat the dialog/music the front speakers are playing (and nor should they).  If you simply want the surrounds to repeat what the front channels are playing with none of the directional surround effects, you picked a very expensive solution.