Answered

sonos in ceiling speaker really quiet

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 49 replies

Just fitted a arc and 4 in ceiling Speakers as the surround, fitted both right to right and left to left, surround speakers are now set at +15 and are really quiet, watching fast and furious Hobbs and shaw on Netflix really poor? What have I done wrong?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 July 2021, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Done it!!!!

you have to disconnect all hdmi leads to the tv and then all the greyed out menu options open up and you can select Dolby etc!!

what a pain the bum!!!

thanks again for everyone’s assistance 👍

Userlevel 7

What app are you using to stream Hobbs & Shaw? It isn’t available on Netflix.

Be sure the speakers are wired correctly like this:

You’re not playing any audio in the screenshot posted above - what does the ‘about box’ show for the Arc when playing the Hobbs & Shaw movie?

Userlevel 7

Is the Arc connected to your TV’s HDMI eARC port with an HDMI cable? It should be HDMI 2 on your TV.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes I used the cable the Arc came with and tried Netflix from tv and sky and also Amazon film as well in case it was Netflix 

Well that’s really strange.🤔

Your TV settings, from what you’ve said, seem correct, you’ve swapped cables, tried different Apps that show DD 5.1 audio, so it’s either the TV isn’t working as it should be, or its the Arc.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen this issue here on the forum previously.

My own thoughts, assuming you don’t have easy access to another TV to test the Arc, are to perhaps submit a Sonos diagnostic report, post it’s reference back here and then contact the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK to see if they can diagnose the issue. If not, then it might then be a case of speaking to LG Support who are on this phone number here in the U.K. 0344 847 5454

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks for everyone’s help, I’ve reset the TV, the arc, the amp the lot, I have another set up in a different room using a Sonos playbar and it all works fine, don’t understand what the problem is?

What is the actual ‘audio-in’ codec to your Arc from the Netflix source? You can find this in two places in the Sonos App, whilst playing the audio goto either…

1. "Settings/System/About My System” see the ‘audio-in’ entry next to the Arc Room Name in the devices list.
  2. When the Arc Room is in focus in the App, open the ‘Now Playing Screen’ the codec will show on that screen below the TV label.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Ok so this looks wrong

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

On Netflix in the UK

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 7

What model is your LG TV?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Oled65g16LA

Userlevel 7

In the TV’s settings, set HDMI Input Audio Format to Bitstream, Digital Sound Output to Auto, and enable eARC support.

Also be sure you have a Netflix premium subscription so you can get 4K and Dolby Atmos audio.

The goal is for the Sonos app to show you are getting Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

TV settings are correct, just checked Netflix, doesn’t matter what subscription you have for 5.1

TV settings are correct, just checked Netflix, doesn’t matter what subscription you have for 5.1

Perhaps force the TV to use Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus rather than Auto, I think in WebOS it’s "Settings/Sound/Additional Settings/DTV Audio”… see if that works.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Still no

Then perhaps try a different cable between the TV and the Arc. The cable has to have HEAC support which is often referred to as HDMI 1.4+ (with ethernet) - sometimes leads can occasionally be faulty.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank god it isn’t that, the wire is buried in the wall

Userlevel 7

Do you mind sending screenshots of your TV’s audio and HDMI settings?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank god it isn’t that, the wire is buried in the wall

Perhaps try Dolby Digital instead of Dolby Digital Plus, just to be sure.

Hope it’s not a buried ‘active’ HDMI lead, as they apparently won’t work, but I wouldn’t rule out the cable either.