Answered

sonos Beam wont play sound through the TV

• 20 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi- I have had my Beam and two play 1s connected to my tv for a couple of years and had no problems. A week or so ago, I turned the power point off at the wall to save electricity per my electricity provider’s request, and now it won’t play through the tv. Still works via wifi. I’ve changed from optical to HDMI arc and even changed cables. So I guess my question is, do the HDMI ports on these things ever go bad? If so, would that show up in troubleshooting?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 November 2022, 19:09

View original

2 replies

That’s great! Thanks! I’ll give that a try and if it doesn’t work, will contact the support folks.

I’ve never seen that before, but it doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Just unlikely. Honestly, though, it

Sounds more like the TV isn’t making the appropriate ‘handshake’ with the Beam, which isn’t normally supposed to be turned off (hence no power button on it, but it does go into low power mode while waiting for the next signal). Much like your TV doesn’t really turn off all the way when you hit the power button on the remote.

I would try a power cycle of the TV by unplugging it from the wall for at least 2 minutes, then plugging it back in, which should reset the OS (and CEC) on it.