Question

Sonos Beam sound stopped working.

• 27 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi yesterday my Sonos beam was working fine with TV - no issues. Today I turn tv on and no sound - I checked all settings on tv and all is the same - HDMI connected via arc port - Simplink is on and still connected to my remote but no sound coming out. Sonos App will not connect to simplink even though it is on. Sound still works via music/app just NOT the tv. My LG tv is less then 12 months old and had no issues previously.

Have tried 

• turning off + unplug tv + beam from wall - no change
  • new HDMI cable - Sonos app doesn't even pick up the new cable so put the other cable back in
  • Factory reset the beam and set it up in Sonos App again - no change

TV says it’s all connected - set on arc (audio out - HDMI-arc), simplink is on and working on magic remote but still no sound

Please help! Tried everything - was literally fine yesterday so have no idea what’s happened. I am unable to call support due to my work hours

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rkay92.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sorry, it causes you a lot of headaches since the update didn't fix the issue permanently. 

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark,

None of that worked - from the TV perspective everything is set up and says it’s connected but no sound - Sonos App cannot connect

On Friday an app update came out - as soon as I updated it without doing anything it automatically worked again. Then now 4-5 days later it’s got no audio again and nothings changed - back to the same problem in which TV says it’s all connected but no sound and Sonos App will not connect

What’s the issue? This is getting very frustrating - please advise what to do next as this seems like a Sonos connection issue and not my TV

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rkay92.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community I’ve reviewed the diag and it shows the Sonos beam is not getting any signal from your TV

Few things we can try to isolate the issue:

• CEC is not actually enabled on the TV.
  • The HDMI cable is only partially connected.
  • Check the  ARC setting (Audio Return Channel) is the HDMI feature that allows Sonos to receive an audio signal from the TV over HDMI.
  • Some TVs that support ARC have a menu setting to enable or disable it.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you Mark - just done so on the app

confirmation 1705086985

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rkay92.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing all the things you've done so far.

This is very untimely in your part, Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number for me to see whats going on inside of your speaker.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.