Answered

Sonos Beam Constant Restarts with TCL Roku TV

• 27 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi.

I have a Sonos Beam Gen 2 and TCL Series 6 55” Roku TV (55R635) and I have them connected via eARC HDMI cable.

I’ve had the Beam for about six months and over the last two months I have to constantly unplug and replug the Beam to get sound going. I’ve tried three different HDMI cables to no avail.

I just completely reset everything with a new 8K HDMI cable, unplugged everything and waited ten minutes and reset from scratch. The Beam was found in CEC and everything was fine. Then I plugged in the cable box and xBox and then the Beam drops out of CEC, but the sound still worked. Then after the TV goes into sleep mode and if I want sound when I turn the TV back on, I have to unplug the Beam and then plug it back in and then I have sound.

I have a similar TCL Roku TV in another part of the house with a Bose soundbar and have never once touched it after initial setup, so I’m at a loss here.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 June 2022, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you tried disabling the CEC setting on the cable box and Xbox? On the Xbox, it should be called TV & A/V power options. Also, it is usually best to use the HDMI cable that came with the Beam.

This worked - THANK YOU!!!!!!

Userlevel 7

Have you tried disabling the CEC setting on the cable box and Xbox? On the Xbox, it should be called TV & A/V power options. Also, it is usually best to use the HDMI cable that came with the Beam.