Answered

Sonos Arc won't connect to Samsung Frame TV

• 24 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Sonos Sub is not connecting to my Samsung Frame TV while using 4K Apple TV.

I recently bought a 2022 55” Samsung Frame TV for the art mode.

On the Samsung One Connect box, I have:

• 4K Apple TV in HDMI 1
  • Sonos Arc in HDMI 3 (aRC) 

Using the Samsung Frame TV with the 4K Apple TV - only the Sonos Arc comes on for audio - the Sonos (Gen 3) Sub does not start-up and connect, and I haven’t been able to make the Sub connect manually using the Sonos app. 

On my previous 55” TCL 4K TV, while using the Apple TV - the Sonos Arc would automatically connect to my Sonos (Gen 3) Sub.

Interestingly, now, when I connect to my Sonos system directly from Spotify on my iPhone - both the Arc and the Sub work together seamlessly. 

How can I get my Sonos Sub to work while using both the Samsung Frame TV and Apple TV?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 November 2022, 10:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Curly Curt 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If your Sub plays along with your Arc when you choose a music source, then the Sub and Arc are setup as they should be and are already connected. You do not need to connect your Sub to your TV, nor is there a way to do so.

I suspect you just can’t hear the Sub for some reason - have you tried placing your fingertips lightly on the speaker cones? If it is playing, you will feel it in your fingers.

There’s also no reason why the Arc/Sub pair would behave differently with a change in TV.

However, you obviously feel there’s an issue so I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.