Sonos Arc power cord is loose

• 18 December 2020
  • 41 replies

Hi,

My brand new Arc is driving me nuts because any time someone touches the TV console the power cord gets shaken loose and the speaker setup stops working!!

Has anyone else had this issue? Can you please suggest how I can get the cord replaced as it must be covered under warranty?

41 replies

You possibly need to push it in harder. Is the disk on the power cord completely flush with the Arc housing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If it is really hard to push a bit of DRY silicone lube on the outside of the plug can help.

Hello and thank you for your responses.

The cable is completely flush with the housing, the socket is simply too large to hold the cord in place.

I can probably use blu-tac or something to hold it in place but obviously having spent 800 pounds on it I would prefer for Sonos to replace what appears to be a faulty part!

Appreciate any further help!

I’d probably take a digital picture of it, and then call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you than are available le either here or in chat. 

I have the same issue.  The connection that the power cord has with the speaker is almost nonexistent, I think it is fair to say that the connection is loose   

It constantly disconnects due to the minor vibration that the speaker makes.  
I contacted Sonos regarding the issue.  They sent me a different power cord that is longer in length….but the fitting at the end of the new cord is exactly like the original?   Very disappointed in this purchase.  

Badge

I have the same issue, Sonos have promised to send a new cable but after calling to chase up still has not arrived - having said that based on the last post sounds like it won't make a difference!

Prior to finding this issue I had been linked to a thread regarding intermittent sound, now I realise why it was intermittent ie due to the power cable connection.

You have to keep pressing it in then lightly take your fingers away, then stay well clear as the lightest disturbance causes it to pop out.

Can you post a picture of it? Based on the amount of force required with my two Arcs, I continuue to wonder if the cord isn’t seated properly, and is just barely hanging in there with the connection. 

Badge

Thanks for response Bruce, my power lead came and it’s a better fit than the original so problem solved

Badge

I have the same issue, Sonos have promised to send a new cable but after calling to chase up still has not arrived - having said that based on the last post sounds like it won't make a difference!

Prior to finding this issue I had been linked to a thread regarding intermittent sound, now I realise why it was intermittent ie due to the power cable connection.

You have to keep pressing it in then lightly take your fingers away, then stay well clear as the lightest disturbance causes it to pop out.

New cord received, better fit and no further issues 

New cord received ….did not solve my issue.  The cord is still extremely loose and becomes disconnected whenever sound is turned up or music with lots of bass.   Very disappointed 

Hello 

just received my Arc.  The plug just falls out!  Thinking of returning it.

Just bought one, same issue with the power cord. Would think they would have solved by now. Very disappointed with a $800 product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Contacting Sonos (directly) or your seller would prpobably help…...

I am in the process in getting a new one from them.  They make it very difficult and jump through a ton of hoops.  I don’t think it would be the sellers responsibility to fix their manufacturing problem that seems to be prominent.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

According to European consumer laws, the seller is liable for the things he sells. So that would be my first port of call……..

Same problem here, just got i my new ARC today, the power cord is not loose, it just FALLS OUT! Unbelievable!!! Getting supposedly best sound bar there is too stay considering such stupid diy fixes as glue or Duck tape to keep the farm thing in! 

UNBELIEVABLE! 

THE BOX IT CAME I'M HAD MORE DESIGNERS THOUGHT PUT INTO IT THAN THE POWER CABLE! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As above, many folks just aren’t pushing the Arc’s power cord all the way into the socket.

I know I did exactly that and had to have it pointed out to me before I was willing to push hard enough.

Hi,

My brand new Arc is driving me nuts because any time someone touches the TV console the power cord gets shaken loose and the speaker setup stops working!!

Has anyone else had this issue? Can you please suggest how I can get the cord replaced as it must be covered under warranty?

Push the cord a little harder it will go in .

Push the power cord a little harder it will go in and be snug !

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A very light touch of dry silicone lube -- powder not grease -- can help it slip in.

That works for any Sonos speaker with a tight cord.

I had to return my Arc. When I did, the young lady who processed said she knew when she saw us walk in that this was the issue. She said it is one of their most returned products because of the loose power cord. It would not even stay in long enough for us to even connect it. What a disappointment.  We ended up not re ordering until we get confirmation that Sonos is fixing the issue. Best Buy agreed and said they really should be issuing a recall.  It has been a year and they have to yet to fix it and keep selling a defective product so I am not hopeful. 

Fascinating. I had to apply a significant amount of pressure to get mine seated properly, but have had zero issues since then. 

Fascinating. I had to apply a significant amount of pressure to get mine seated properly, but have had zero issues since then. 

Same here.  That may be why people are saying it’s loose, they aren’t pushing it in enough.

Userlevel 7

Yes, same here. It definitely took some effort to get the connection sitting flush with the Arc.

I’m fairly certain I could pick the Arc up just by the power cord as the connection is rock solid.

I am having the same problem with the Arc power connection. The problem is NOT the cord being pushed fully home. The flange on the power cord is flush with the Arc housing and it still falls out with no pressure. I spoke to Sonos and sent them a video of the problem and their response was that they would send a new power cable. I tried to get assurance that this was a different design of power cable, but never got a definitive answer. If they send the same design, it will not work, the problem is clearly with the Arc unit. They just repeated that with power cable issues, their protocol is to replace the cable first and see if that fixes the issue, before moving onto the Soundbar itself.

They told me I would get an email confirmation within 24-48 hours. I waited over a week before I called them back. They were apologetic that nothing had happened in that time and agreed to increase the priority of my issue and I would get an email confirmation within 24 hours. We are now past two days with no email.

This is very unimpressive build quality and support for an expensive Soundbar.