Answered

Sonos 5 and One SL became unpaired.

• 3 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I had my Sonos Play 5 paired with my One SL and it worked perfectly for maybe a month. Suddenly a few days ago, they showed unpaired and I tried to go into settings to do stereo pair again and it says I need to have 2 compatible products set up to create a stereo pair. I wouldn’t have purchased the One SL if I knew they would make it not compatible in a pair.  How do I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 October 2020, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’m not sure how you could have ever paired them, unless you used a third party app. In the Sonos app, you have always been able to ‘group’ dissimilar speaker types, but never ‘pair’ them. If it’s just that they were ‘grouped’, see the FAQ.

Oh, maybe they were grouped. I just know I was able to listen to the same music on both at the same time. I’m not sure how they became ungrouped. How do I regroup them? 

Click on the word FAQ in my response.

🤦🏻‍♀️ Thank you!!

You’re most welcome! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Nothingtoseehere.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. The situation you are describing of having the Sonos Play 5 be stereo paired with a Sonos One SL is not possible as stereo pairing requires 2 Sonos devices of the same model. The most ideal way of having both be playing the same music is using the group and ungroup feature on the Sonos App as what is being discussed on the guide that @Airgetlam has provided. 

Please let us know or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,