Answered

Set up - TV , Sonos bar ,Sonos bass , 2 x Sonos 1’s , a project deck and Sonos 5

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys , I have a number of Sonos products and was looking for advice on how best to set up them together. In my living room I have my TV a connected to a sound bar , a Sonos bass and two Sonos 1. I got a project deck (without Bluetooth) and I need to connect it to the system. I do have a Sonos 5 V2 which I can connect to the deck. So that means in the living room I have a play bar , a bass , two Sonos 1’s and now a Sonos 5. Can you please advice what is the way to set this up. 
also any advice as to where to put each speaker in the room will be very helpful 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 February 2021, 20:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Connect your turntable to the Play:5 through the 3.5mm line in port. Then you can group your Play:5 to your Playbar, Sub, Play:1s setup and play the music from your turntable to all of your speakers. Here is more information on how to connect a turntable: https://blog.sonos.com/en/listening-to-vinyl-with-sonos/

I can’t comment on speaker placement without knowing your room setup.

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. What are your thoughts on removing one of the Sonos 1’s and pairing the 5 with the remaining 1. 
will this mess up the sound surround on the TV set up ? 

Userlevel 7

You cannot pair the Play:5 with a Play:1. You can only pair two speakers as a stereo pair or set up two speakers as surrounds that are the same speaker model.