Answered

Removing S1 products

• 9 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have bought a new Sonos Beam to act as a sound bar for my TV  but need the Sonos app to set it up. B But I already have Sonos1 products (2x Connect:Amp) on my network (and want to keep them). This means apparently that I need to split Sonos1 and Sonos products, fine by me. But the instructions tell me that I first have to remove the S1 products from the S1 app.

This page: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4829?language=en_US tells me that I have use the S1 app on my phone (android) and go Settings/System/System Tools then tap on “Remove products”. However there is no remove products options in this menu. The S1 app is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 9 January 2021, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @HamsterBear

Thank you for your response and for updating us. I'm glad that you have successfully added your Sonos Beam to your S1 system.

That’s right, the Sonos Sub (Gen 3) is compatible with the S2 system. Sub Gen 1 and 2 are compatible with your S1 system. The Sonos app will guide you in setting up the Sub or you can follow the steps below to add it.

• Add a Sub
    1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    2. From the  Settings tab, tap System.
    3. Under Products, tap the room you would like to add your Sub to.
    4. Tap Add Sub.
    5. Follow the prompts to add the Sub to your Sonos system.

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to assist you.

OK great, I did not realise that the Beam would work on S!, I have it working now and it is exactly what I need.

My next question is about connecting a Sub to the beam which I am considering, I see on this page that the gen3 Sub is not supported by S1. But basically I want the Sub to be part of the same system as the beam so do I need the new app or does the sub just connect to the beam?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @HamsterBear

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you. You may continue using the S1 system. The Sonos Beam works on all Sonos apps (S1 and S2).

You can simply add your Sonos Beam to your existing system using the S1 app.

• Add Beam to your existing system
    • Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
    • From the   Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
    • Follow the steps in the app to connect Beam to your Sonos system.

Did you encounter any issues when you add your Sonos Beam using the S1 app? Please submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.