recommended music-only settings for home theater setup?

• 26 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all, so I have a beam, mini-sub and (2) ones setup in my home theater and it sounds amazing playing anything through TV.  My concern is when I wish to play stereo audio only for music.   What is the best settings configuration that will let me achieve stereo through my rear ONES only/mostly?

For my rear sonos ones settings I have full selected instead of ambient.  And music audio is maxed out all the way to the right (see pic below).  It sounds pretty good I think but kinda loud.  Is the maxed all the way to the right forcing too many dbs in a type of brick walling sound or is it just maxing the potential of the (2)

one speakers?

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2 replies

In terms of your “loud” comment can you fix or improve this by simply reducing the Volume?

Well, I’m not really complaining.  I basically feel it’s louder than it was prior to adding the beam and was mainly curious to know if it does actually exceed natural db levels?  You see, I only enhanced that setting level that much so it would play music far louder than what comes out of the beam.

In terms of your “loud” comment can you fix or improve this by simply reducing the Volume?