Answered

possible to use Era 300 in surround system and as main music speakers?

• 27 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

Is it possible to use to use two Era 300 as rear speakers in the surround system and switch them case-by-case as the main music speakers? I feel I will have to decouple and set up the speakers every time I want to listen to music and not use the arc.  

i’m asking this question because I think to two 300  solely will sounds better with stereo music compared to full a surround system including the arc, where the 300 will only be providing rear sound. Does that make any sense?

So again, is there a simple way to switch the speaker configuration from surround to Era only music set up?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 May 2023, 14:11

View original

4 replies

Simple? Not really, you’d need to go through the setup process every time you switched back and forth, and you’d lose any TruePlay tuning in the process. It’s possible, though, I just don’t know of a single person who has done it. Too much effort, although you could conceivably do the switch in about 5 minutes every time. 

Thats what I thought.  Thank you.  

Is it possible to save the setup thru the API. Then I can create my own app and switch between the two settings

Kasper

Is it possible to save the setup thru the API. Then I can create my own app and switch between the two settings

Kasper

No.  There have been various 3rd party apps which allowed you to do some unconventional things with Sonos (like stereo pair unlike models) and none of them offered this function.  Fact is, setting up surrounds vs. mains requires reconfiguring the radios in the soundbar and the surrounds, along with handshakes to get the connections right, and there is no way to get around this reconfiguration and still have the same features.