Answered

Lost connection

• 17 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Help I have a beam gen 1 and 2 one sl as a basic home cinema system. The connection between the three keeps droppingI keep factory resetting the one sl"s, one shows then when I connect the other both diappear. I can tell you how many times I have rebooted. It has worked fine for months but recently (updates?), nothing works. I am so frustrated that I am close to chucking them in the bin! The Best I get is 2 showing in the app but not all three! When connect the third, that's when it goes wrong. Any suggestions as this is supposed to be plug n play. The router is WiFi 6, in the same room and no physical barriers, so don't pass the buck and blame the router. Help

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 November 2022, 21:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

First of all, don’t factory reset any of the speakers anymore. And be sure to keep WiFi enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app.

Then try this:

Remove the One SLs as surrounds in the Sonos app. Then unplug the Beam and One SLs from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router. Plug the Beam and One SLs back in and wait for them to connect to the network again. Add the One SLs as surrounds to the Beam.

If this doesn’t work, try wiring the Beam directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

Once you’ve decided that the issue must be [ … ] or cannot be [ … ], you are likely to be blindsided.