Answered

lip sync issues with arc and samsung s95b

• 24 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I have tried every setting in the Samsung s95b audio and sonos app and Apple TV and still cannot get the audio to sync! I got the arc from Costco so wondering if it’s a hardware issue or the default/included hdmi cable that’s the issue? 

HELP ME

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 November 2022, 07:25

View original

6 replies

Hi.  Assuming that the audio is lagging the picture, it is the failure of the TV to ensure the audio output to an external speaker synchs with the picture.  If the audio lags there is nothing the external speaker can do to correct it: it cannot play sound before it receives it and it has no control over the video.

The only solution is to bypass the TV with the audio.  There are a few such ‘eARC audio extractors” around now: the HDFury Arcana, one by Feintech and another that I can’t remember the name of.  There are lots of threads on this topic.

There is the HD Fury Arcana, the Feintech VAX04101k, and the latest, and least expensive, I think,  is the OREI HDA-935. Check your local retailers for availability, or Amazon. You can also order from those links from the companies directly, I think.

;)

Thanks for supplying this info Bruce! 

Userlevel 7

@Abergervt Be sure to set the Digital Audio Output setting on the TV to Passthrough, not Auto. If this doesn’t work, you can also try disabling eARC in your TV settings.

Hello, sorry for opening again the topic, I have same problem 1-2 sec silent with S95b+arc+sub, is the earc extractor the solution?

Depends on the particular issue causing the dropout. Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.