Answered

Is balance between the surrounds possible on the ARC ?

• 29 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I am interested in the Sonos ARC + 2 One to replace my JBL BAR 9.1 but in my set-up, the 2 One surrounds will not be at equal distance from the listening point so I need an adjustment of their right/left balance otherwise I will end up with an imbalance at the back. Can you confirm me if this left/right adjustment of the surrounds is possible on this bar ?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 January 2023, 18:56

View original

6 replies

There is no L/R user accessible balance adjustment for the surrounds. If you have access an iPad/iPhone, Trueplay will help mitigate the distance difference. There are actually two components involved— time and amplitude.

There is a distance adjustment on surrounds, but it is not a fine adjustment.  It goes from like 3 feet to 10 feet. 

Badge +1

Thanks for your answers.

Does this “distance adjustment” change the volume of each surround and/or the delay ?

Thanks for your answers.

Does this “distance adjustment” change the volume of each surround and/or the delay ?

Not really sure.  I’ve never adjusted it, I just use Trueplay. 

Thanks for your answers.

There are three distance options for each surround when TP is not enabled and the volume changes are fairly subtle between each step, but yes I hear the change in audio level from the surround, but ideally the room should be Trueplay tuned for HT speaker balance, which is dealt with during the first stage of HT TP tuning - the user is asked to hold the iOS device at the ‘sweet-spot’ location where they watch/listen to the A/V source. A second TP stage involves walking around the room for the acoustic tuning process.

Badge +1

ok ,thanks a lot for your help to both of you.