Answered

faulty Arc

• 19 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Got my Arc 2 weeks ago.. after about 2 hours of tv the sound starts distorting, a tick sound every few seconds plus tv sound goes for a fraction of a second.. pause the tv & tick sound continuous… so this must be the Arc not the signal.. I’m using optical as the arc hdmi didn’t work when I set it up, plus the previous speaker was on optical & never had any problems…

I’m really p’d off as I waited a long time for my Arc & Sonos customer service is nonexistent….

Any advise appreciated…

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 May 2023, 13:31

View original

5 replies

All sorted now.. Thanks… :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndyAGH 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If ​​​@GuitarSuperstar‘s suggestion did not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 7

The HDMI IN 1 port on your TV is an HDMI ARC port. Disconnect the Arc from the TV and make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup under the Arc’s settings in the Sonos app. Follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable from the Arc to HDMI IN 1 on your TV.

LG.  55lb700v-zg

Userlevel 7

What specific model TV do you have?