Answered

Beam IR sensor stops working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

I had this when my beam was too close to my tv. I brought it forward a bit and then never had an issue. 

My TV and Beam are wall mounted so I can’t really alter it unless I lower it but that’s a last resort as I’ve just finished decorating 🤣

Ah right ok. Mine was parallel under my Panasonic and I think it was getting confused. 

Badge

I had this when my beam was too close to my tv. I brought it forward a bit and then never had an issue. 

My TV and Beam are wall mounted so I can’t really alter it unless I lower it but that’s a last resort as I’ve just finished decorating 🤣

Badge

You haven’t mentioned if you have tried setting up the remote again in ‘Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]/Remote Control Setup’ in the Sonos App? .. if you haven’t done that, I would perhaps give that a try - Also rather than rebooting the player, you can simply toggle off/on the IR sensor instead in the same room settings area.

Yeah thanks. I’ve tried all that. What leads me to believe it’s the IR sensor failing/jamming is that when I try to set up a new remote and it prompts you to press the volume up button it doesn’t recognise any remote, not just the one I was previously using. Toggling IR off then back on doesn’t do anything either. 

You haven’t mentioned if you have tried setting up the remote again in ‘Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]/Remote Control Setup’ in the Sonos App? .. if you haven’t done that, I would perhaps give that a try - Also rather than rebooting the player, you can simply toggle off/on the IR sensor instead in the same room settings area.