Audio skips with new LG OLED C2 and new Arc+Sub+One SLs / Beam

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

I bought a new LG OLED C2 (OLED65C2PUA, 2022) and new Sonos products including the Arc+Sub+One SLs, and a Beam (Gen 2) for another room. The firmware for all the products have been updated to the latest version.

However, I noticed that there would not be any sound with eARC enabled, and while there would be sound with eARC disabled, it would skip every other second. This happens whether with the Arc or Beam. The only time it would not skip is when I turn on PCM, but PCM has no Dolby Atmos or surround sound capability.

I have followed every advice I could find, including ensuring that SIMPLINK is enabled, ensuring passthrough is enabled, disconnecting and reconnecting the sound bar (I don’t have any other HDMI devices), and even factory-resetting the TV.

I’m at the point where I think the TV is the problem, and I realize that the community’s experience with LG TVs have been spotty. I’m a step away from initiating a return of the TV to Amazon. But before that, has anyone tried anything else that worked?

Isaac

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc and Beam?

Badge

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc and Beam?

Yes, of course.

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect the Arc/Beam from the TV and unplug the TV and Arc/Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep them disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled and run TV Setup in the Sonos app. Follow the app instructions. If this doesn’t help, you might have a defective TV.

Badge

Thank you. I did all that but nothing changed. I suppose the TV is indeed defective, or otherwise is characteristic of LG TVs and I should probably look elsewhere for a different brand.

No your TV is not defective. I just bought the C2 and have the same issue. I got it to stop but then the last update just made it start again. 

Badge

No your TV is not defective. I just bought the C2 and have the same issue. I got it to stop but then the last update just made it start again. 

I gave up on the LG TV long ago and returned it. I bought the Sony A95K and haven’t looked back since.