Arc went crazy

• 26 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Got all my new Home theater stuff today. Arc,Sub, pair of 1s. 
Connected to my Samsung Frame via existing 30’ HDMI 2.1 cable as my conduit runs to the attic and back down to the front of my fireplace.

first issue is that the HDMI didn’t fit the connection very well. It’s loose and if you move the sound bar, it disconnects. So just ordered another HDMI cable. 

we were about 2 hours into “No Time To Die” and the system went crazy. It sounded to me like all the speakers were being over driven and constantly cracking. It had to be at full volume. Sent my wife and dogs running to another room. I don’t know if it quit on it’s on or when I paused the movie but it felt like a minimum of 30 seconds. 
anyway after seeing others with the same issue with the Beams, I unplugged everything and went to bed. 

I’ve been waiting since the middle of summer to purchase the gear. I’m hoping Sonos tech support has some good answers when I call them otherwise I’ll be sorely disappointed. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is not a question for the community. Is this a warning up front to Sonos? A threat? Why are you posting this?

This is not a question for the community. Is this a warning up front to Sonos? A threat? Why are you posting this?

Not a threat, I just pulled it out of the box and can return if I need to. I’m more interested in seeing if there are other folks who’ve experienced the issue and if they resolved it or had to return for a new. 
i don’t know much about HDMI so thought maybe someone could comment on the loose connector. Is it possible a cable caused this? 

Talked to the folks at support, they are sending out another Arc after troubleshooting.