Answered

arc surrounds

• 29 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have an arc and 2 ones as surround, when I toggle off the 2 ones in surround audio, both have a slow flashing green light, I would like to turn this off, is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 29 November 2022, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

No, when you toggle them off the flashing green light indicates that they are off.

You could instead lower the TV Level to -15 which would silence them, with no flashing light.

Badge +1

Thanks, that’s what I’ve been doing, maybe they could have a mute option to toggle on/off.

Userlevel 7

It’s standard for a muted speaker to display a constant green light, so that wouldn’t work either, unless your issue is only with the flashing.

Badge +1

The green solid or flashing light seems unnecessary to me, should be able to customise it.

Actually, in general, you can turn off the speaker’s LED in Settings>(Room Name)> Status Light, although that doesn’t affect the “lit while muted” situation, for, I suspect, reasons of Customer Service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Amazon and others sell some very nice sticky dots in various colors and transparency levels that will deal with unwanted light.

First one I found: https://smile.amazon.com/LightDims-Original-Strength-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B00CLVEQCO/ref=sr_1_5