Question

Arc set up not working

• 29 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi I have bought an Arc and downloaded the app and set up was going well. I have plugged in the HDMI cable to the HDMI Arc on the TV and change the sound settings on the TV to the Arc but it would connect during set up and states not connected. I am stuck and can’t go any further and left with no sound! It’s driving me mad.

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I've just bought Arc and was not able to use the app to setup. I tried with ios and android versions. Both apps appeared to try a variety of techniques as it stepped through the setup screen e.g connecting directly to arc, using ethernet to connect etc, still would not setup, powered arc on/off several times.

Finally I disconnected the ethernet and hmdi cables from the arc, thinking that they should be connected from the go. Tried the app setup again, and all worked perfectly first time! 

@Julesm72 / hope this may help someone else. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Julesm72

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To verify, set up was not successfully completed, at what point did it stop? 

May I know what is the status of the light in the Arc?

What is the make and model of the TV?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.