ARC issue resolved on beam

• 3 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all. I recently started having issues on my simple setup consisting of Apple TV , Beam and 2 symphonisks. Beam would not recognize ARC connection and I could only get output using internal tv speakers. Factory reset of Sonos system and reset and firmware update of tv did not resolve the issue. It appears that portal tv was stealing ARC/disabling it. After unplugging the portal and rebooting sound system I have restored my sound. Leaving portal unplugged or returning. Not sure what to do yet. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You could just get an adapter that cuts out CEC to attach between this ‘portal’ device and your TV.  Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=sr_1_3?qid=1646329586&refinements=p_89%3ALINDY&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Or see if this device has a setting that allows you to turn off CEC directly. Some do, some don’t.