Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

It's 2016! Make PlayBar Gen 2 for DTS / Fix Aux for Play 5 GEN 2
Answered

I know, it's another DTS thread. Sonos, I have used your products over many years. I am very impressed and right now, you are the Apple of Speakers when it comes to terms of quality and sound. I ow...

Please add support for DTS for the Sonos Playbar.

A hifi homecinema soundbar without dts support seems not up to date for me. Are there any plans to add dts support?

Playbase: Sonos no longer recommandable for home theater

Hello, today I read the specifications of the brand new Playbase. What have I waited for a new gen2 Playbar, supporting DTS, DD+, maybe having HDMI or (now I am getting really crazy) supporting Dolby...

Add ability to schedule night mode on a Playbar...

With a child's bedroom above my living room (where I have my Playbar) I want to be able to schedule my Playbar to go into night mode at 7pm every evening and allow me to override that through the cont...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

SONOS 7.1 Surround Sound System

Come on SONOS 7.1 and 7.2 Surround Sound is already years old, 9.1 & 9.2 seen as its update, A SONOS 7.1 system would be very much in demand, loads of questions on here already about producing it...

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model: 55LM7600
Answered

Tried all options but it doesn't work. Suggestions given on this thread are not applicable as those options don't show up on my TV: http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=37555.. Very frustrating

Feature Request: Enable Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3 or DD+) for Better Audio Quality

This feature request is for Sonos support Dolby Digital Plus, also known as E-AC-3 or DD+. This would permit a higher quality audio experience when watching surround sound-enabled videos. Sonos curre...

DTS, Dolby 5.1 on Playbar, 2015 edition!

Hi all I am writing this post in the hope it may help those struggling with the above issue(s). The first topic which appears on this in Google is the post at https://en.community.sonos.com/home-thea...

Can people stop complaining about DTS?

Not sure where to post but I need to chime in. I love this forum, but a question for all the complainers of DTS not being supported. Did you actually research before you purchased this very expensive...

Will Airplay 2 ever be supported via Surround with Playbar and Ones?

So I just recently bought a playbar a little less than 3 months ago. As many I was excited about AirPlay 2 so I went out and got two Ones to support my surround. Well after the updated you can’t use...

Have the Playbar automatically group back to previous group when TV playback is ended.

The PLAYBAR has the autoplay mode that will remove it from the group when audio from the TV is detected. After you are done watching TV and want to return to listening to music through All Sonos devi...

Playbar with new Connect (DTS solution)

I have the same problem like many others here that Sonos offers the perfect speaker solution for my home theater setup, but I would like the option to have DTS, or possibly Dolby TrueHD / DTS:Neo... M...

Cinema Codecs & 5.1: Where Are You Sonos?!

Let me first say, I love Sonos as a product. They look stylish, are extremely simple to set up and operate -- and are reliable. That said, I can't help but find myself frustrated at the Sonos Play...

Next generation Playbar 2018?

When will we get a new Playbar?! Perhaps in 2018?!

Sonos doesn’t really do “5.1”

Before you buy any SONOS equipment to achieve a 5.1 setup please consider this: a Denon AVRX2400 AV Amp, Elac CINEMA 5.1 speaker system, all cables professionally installed behind the walls gives you...

Make the PLAYBAR in White

All of my components are in white in my living room, aswell as all of my sonos play:3 and play:5.... Are there any plans on bringing the Playbar in white?

Scheduling Night mode sound for TV

Is it possible to schedule the night mode sound setting. I would be nice to switch at 09:00PM till 09:00AM to night mode, and the other time in normal mode.

No Airplay 2 for Playbar. GUTTED !!!!!

Extremely disappointed today to learn that the £700 current and only soundbar from Sonos will NOT have the AirPlay 2 feature, which we (Apple users) have been so looking forward to. Also gutted as we...

Bridge+ : web-server to control the system + extend the memory limit

SONOS should develop a new type of SONOS:Bridge that provides the additional functions: the actual SONOS:Bridge functions. a web server that provides a web-site to control the SONOS system from any...

Think I Found my Sonos Replacement

Sonos has made it pretty clear Home Theater is not a priority for them. I was really hoping for an announcement at CES but while other companies were running laps around their decades-old audio codec...

Sonos Beam low volume

Got my Beam today (16th) and am pleased with it so far, but I'm having to boost the TV volume much higher that it was with the TV speakers. Without the Beam the TV was at about the right volume at a s...

PLAYBAR DTS Support

As we all know, PLAYBAR doesn't support DTS audio. If you feed it DTS, you simply get "unsupported" as the input type and silence from the speakers. For my birthday today, I received a Superman blu-r...

Please Add HDMI ARC and DTS support to playbar

I would absolutely love to purchase a set up for my home theater based around the SONOS Playbar.  I have one SONOS play 3 now and love it.  However, the lack of support for a feature/technology tha...

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings