Answered

Xbox Interrupts music stream on playbar

When I stream music to my playbar while my son plays xbox on same tv playbar is connected to, the stream cuts off frequently and the video game sound takes over. This happens to both Spotify and SiriusXM.

It always happens when my son switches stages of a game. For instance, when he’s playing Fortnite, the music cuts exactly when he goes from waiting area to the game stage.

Clearly something about the game change is making the Xbox/tv take playbar sound priority from my stream.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 June 2019, 01:34

Sure. Turn off "AutoPlay" in the room that the PLAYBAR is in. ...More>Settings>Room Settings>[Room name where your PLAYBAR is]>TV>TV Autoplay to off (not green).

You'll need to, after selecting that, turn on the TV selection in the Sonos controller when you have turned away from it previously. But it won't automatically change to it when it senses a new stream.
View original

2 replies

Sure. Turn off "AutoPlay" in the room that the PLAYBAR is in. ...More>Settings>Room Settings>[Room name where your PLAYBAR is]>TV>TV Autoplay to off (not green).

You'll need to, after selecting that, turn on the TV selection in the Sonos controller when you have turned away from it previously. But it won't automatically change to it when it senses a new stream.
That was it. Thanks.