Answered

wired speakers connect to player

• 5 October 2017
  • 1 reply

i would like to create a setup where i have a tv connected to a sonos playbar. since the tv will be on the far end of the kitchen I would like to add wired ceiling speakers on the other end of the kitchen so that we don't have to crank the playbar. How is it best to configure this setup so that the ceiling speakers do not have a noticeable delay? And will I be able to control the wired speakers by the sonos app so that I can use the streaming capabilities?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 5 October 2017, 16:55

The delay is inevitable. Other that a Playbar/Sub/Surrounds combo, all Sonos devices operate on the 2 GHz band, which requires buffering in order to stream to other devices. So if you were to run a line-out on the TV to another Sonos device, the 70 ms delay would be present. Now some notice it and some don't, and you can delay the Playbar similarly to sync them up, but it would probably require the purchase of a Connect:Amp and (if you don't want to run RCA cables) a Connect at the TV, and that's pretty expansive way of finding out.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The delay is inevitable. Other that a Playbar/Sub/Surrounds combo, all Sonos devices operate on the 2 GHz band, which requires buffering in order to stream to other devices. So if you were to run a line-out on the TV to another Sonos device, the 70 ms delay would be present. Now some notice it and some don't, and you can delay the Playbar similarly to sync them up, but it would probably require the purchase of a Connect:Amp and (if you don't want to run RCA cables) a Connect at the TV, and that's pretty expansive way of finding out.