Will Airplay 2 ever be supported via Surround with Playbar and Ones?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Userlevel 2
I have to hope it can be fixed. Exactly the same hardware is involved, and it’s just a software configuration to switch between surround sound (which doesn’t work) and grouping (which does). Surely it must be possible to address this through software?
Userlevel 2
Same boat here, and such a shame. It's so frustrating to constantly having to switch between grouping and bonding to be able to use the Play One's as surrounds or with Airplay 2 compatibility. Is this in anyway not fixable? Seems like should've been a non-issue to be honest.
Userlevel 2
I agree. I fully expected that with this update I could use AirPlay 2 with my Playbar and two Sonos Ones added as surrounds. Like you, I bought the Playbar recently on the assumption that provided the Sonos Ones were part of a surround sound grouping with the Playbar all would be well. I could have bought a Playbase but didn’t think it made any difference. I was disappointed and puzzled when I couldn’t find my surround system as an Airplay 2 destination. I didn’t realise there was a difference between grouping the Playbar and Sonos One speakers as a group, when it apparently will work, or grouping in a surround system, when it doesn’t. Please fix this, Sonos.