Answered

why doesnt the sonos app display what sort of sound you are listening to i.e. stereo, dolby 5.1, etc.?

• 16 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a new Sonos arc, sub, play 1 surrounds, yet I have no idea what sort of sound is coming out of my Sonos system.

it would be really helpful in the Sonos app to have the sound type indicated. I’m not sure why this isn’t the standard - really frustrating and poor in my view. I very other surround system on the market will let you know if Dolby is coming out of the speakers.

icon

Best answer by david82 16 June 2020, 01:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Like you get under Settings, System, About my System? Scroll down to the room with your Arc and it will tell you the audio format. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

as @nik9669a notes, it’s available but digging in the About My System screen has always been a sore spot for me.  now that Sonos has figured out how to put it on the main Now Playing screen for Dolby Atmos i do hope they’ll see that they can put the other formats there as well.

Userlevel 1

I’m sure it’s there somewhere as you guys say. But after hours of going through every settings menu I simply gave up.

sonos just doesn’t get it. Burning things in menus is a step backwards to the old Nokia days. Defies belief.

thanks for the responses though. I suspect he lack of visibility on sound being played is because 90%+ of people with arcs will only ever get stereo sound