Answered

Where is Beam IR Sensor?

• 23 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi everyone,

Whereabouts is the IR sensor physically located on the Beam? I'm trying to use IR to adjust the volume, but I hav to be within 3 feet of the Beam for the remote (any remote that I have configured) to work.

I've been trying to use my Samsung Smart Remote, an Apple TV 4k remote and a Firestick 4k remote...all work (within 3 feet).

I'm assuming that the range should be greater than that.

thnx.
icon

Best answer by frenzy382 23 May 2019, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
ok..i've answered my own question now. Supposedly it's below the Sonos Logo on the front.

15-20 feet is the max range.

So...something is wrong and from what i have read , it could be numerous things. light, interference etc.etc.

or...perhaps it's just faulty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad you found your own answer there @frenzy382. To add to what might be wrong, if you have a plasma TV it could be causing a little too much interference on the IR sensor, it's odd but I've seen it happen. The way to test this is to play some music on your Beam with your TV turned off. The remote should be able to control the volume of the Beam even with the TV off, assuming it's using the IR. If you have the same 2-3 fee experience, it could very well be the hardware on the Beam. If the range is significantly better with the TV off, than you may need to look into changing some things, for the Playbar, when this came up we'd recommend putting some masking tape over the IR sensor.

If you think it's the hardware or would like a hand troubleshooting live, I'd recommend that you give us a call on our support line.